PASS/START-PROF provides comprehensive pipe stress, flexibility, stability, and fatigue strength analysis with related sizing calculations according to international and national codes and standards. First introduced in 1965, PASS/START-PROF combines a highly efficient solver, powerful analysis features, a user friendly GUI, an intuitive 3D graphical pre/post-processor, and a detailed help system with embedded intelligence from generations of piping design experts.
Due to modern object-oriented and intuitive user interface in PASS/START-PROF engineers can start working immediately, no need to spend a time for "how to push the buttons" training. Companies can put PASS/START-PROF into application immediately after purchase, significantly reducing costs in time saved without compromising on the quality of end results. Engineers can deliver a good quality pipe stress analysis using PASS/START-PROF with minimal training and guidance.
PASS/START-PROF is so smart that you need just draw the piping like in 3D modeling software and push the button "run analysis". PASS/START-PROF user should think about piping design, not about node numbering, model creation, etc. PASS/START-PROF will tell you if your model has any problems and show where exactly. All checks are made automatically: stresses, support loads, expansion joint deformations, flange leakage, buckling, loads on springs in all operating modes, stresses in insulation, and stresses in flaws. Table cells with a problem are marked with a red color. All results can be presented in any coordinate system: global, local. PASS/START-PROF offers detailed pipe stress report with all equations that was used; you can check all equations manually.
PASS/START-PROF is successfully used in many industries:
- Power and District Heating
- Oil and Gas
- Other Industries
PASS/START-PROF has a smart, easy and friendly user interface with user manuals in English, Chinese, and Russian languages. Fast piping modeling allows even the beginner without any special training to be able to perform pipe stress analysis.
Big Buried Central Heating Network Stress Analysis in Start-Prof.
Buried Central Heating Network in Universal Studios Beijing Theme Park & Resort, by WorleyParsons.
Power Piping Stress Analysis With Creep Effect Pipe Properties by ASME B31.1.
Piping Model in Start Prof.
Code Stress Results Table with Detailed Stress Calculation Information.
Process Piping Model in Start-Prof.
An intuitive object-oriented piping model is used for easy modeling of piping systems that consists of following objects:
- Expansion Joints
- Restraint Movements
- Flange Pair
- Ballasting Weight
- System Requirements
Reduces Analysis Time, Effort, and Cost
PASS/START-PROF can import piping models ready for analysis from CADWorx, SmartPlant 3D, AVEVA PDMS, AVEVA E3D, Autodesk REVIT, Bentley Autopipe, HEXAGON CAESAR II, OpenPlant, Autoplant, Smart 3D, etc. You can modify your model without any problem after import.
PASS/START-PROF is an ideal component for integration into any piping design workflow with interfaces to multiple design and analysis software tools.
PASS/START-PROF offers quick 1st hand support from developers and from experienced piping engineers in UK, China, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, Egypt, Turkey and other countries. Support response speed and quality is guaranteed and can be offered on regional language. User feedback is accepted and used to improve development of PASS/START-PROF.
Features and Advantages
- Reliable software with a long history
- PASS/START-PROF will save you time and money
- Context-sensitive help system and detailed user manual
- Operation Mode Editor
- The Smart Warning Message Window
- Smart interactive reports
- Working With Independent Piping Segments
- Results can be analyzed using interactive 3D graphics where you can see deformed shape animation in different operating modes, such as stress color maps
- Units can be changed very quickly
- Automatic on-the-fly checking of all pipes and fittings wall thickness for pressure load
- PSRE proprietary method for solution of nonlinear model with friction converges in most cases
- Equipment Nozzle Flexibility
- PUR insulation stress check
- Automatic spring hanger and support selection
- Automatic constant load hanger and support selection
- Translation and rotation Bourdon effect in pipes and bends
- PASS/START-PROF nonlinear effects: friction in sliding, guide and spring supports, rotational rods and hangers, single-directional restraints
- PASS/START-PROF consider specific behavior of long-radius pipe bends
- Broad Applicability
Pipelines that can be analyzed include piping for: process and power, gas and oil transportation, district heating piping, hot water supply, and more. Stress, flexibility, stability, and fatigue strength analysis are performed for buried, above ground, vacuum, high pressure, high temperature, and cryogenic piping. Pipelines with various types of restraints, fittings, and expansion joints can be easily evaluated. PASS/STARTPROF also offers automatic selection of constant and variable spring supports.
PASS/START-PROF can analyze a wide range of materials used in pipelines including: steel, nonferrous materials, plastic pipes and fittings, orthotropic materials such as fiberglass, reinforced plastic, glass reinforced plastics, and glass reinforced epoxy.
The following piping types are covered:
- Above-ground Piping
- Buried Pipelines
- PUR Insulation Stress Check
- Vacuum Piping
- Jacketed Piping
- Cryogenic Low Temperature Piping
- High Pressure Piping
- High Temperature Piping with Creep and Stress Relaxation Effects
- Plastic Piping
- FRP, GRP Piping
- Nonferrous Material Piping
PASS/START-PROF include following databases:
- Variable Springs
- Constant Load Springs
- Expansion Joints
|x86-64 architecture processor|
|4GB of RAM|
|Video card with OpenGL 2.0+ support and 1GB+ of RAM|
|Display resolution at least 1280x1024|